The South African Police Service (SAPS) spokesperson, Colonel Dimakatso Sello reported that today, the 12th of January 2022, the Tshwane Crime Intelligence together with Laudium Crime Prevention members nabbed three suspects and confiscated four unlicensed firearms and ammunition after following up on information about suspects who were allegedly in possession of unlicensed firearms and were extorting money from local small businesses at Itireleng Informal settlement.
The colonel further explains that the SAPS officers, “pounced on the first suspect at an informal settlement in Laudium. They recovered two unlicensed firearms and 19 live ammunition in possession of the 27-year-old suspect.”
- Johannesburg step-father arrested for statutory rape
- Johannesburg Central law enforcement agencies weekend review
- Mozambican man appears in Johannesburg court for murder
- Zimbabwe-SA Cross Border Bus Staff Sexually Abusing Female Passengers
- Woman caught red-handed selling live ammunition on the streets in Bekkersdal, West Rand
“At the second house, in the same area, the police arrested a 23-year-old man who was also found in possession of an unlicensed firearm with 13 live ammunition,” she stated.
“The members proceeded to the third house where they arrested a 25-year-old man for possession of unlicensed firearm after they found him with a firearm and eight ammunition.”
“The Management of SAPS in Gauteng had commended the concerted efforts and dedication of the members to eradicate illegal and unlicensed firearms from the society.”