The apostolic sect is one of the oldest cults in Zimbabwe. Some of their practices are human rights violations which include child marriages and the prohibition of the use of Western medication.
Some of the members of these sects are not allowed to visit clinics and hospitals. In some sects, men as old as 70 marry or rather take little girls as young as 9 years old for wives.
Unfortunately, the apostolic sects are not the only culprits. Some so-called pentecostal churches have also come on board, molesting not only children but unsuspecting women as well. Here in South Africa, we’ve seen the likes of Tim Omotoso who is still awaiting trial in the Eastern Cape.
Why this preying on girls and women using the cloak? The devil has surely made the church his playground.
It is time for the government to take decisive actions against any ministry whose leaders or members have rape allegations labelled against them.
Enough is enough, #EndChildMarriages #EndGBV
- Mphe-Thuto Primary learner dies after falling under a bus
- JOHANNESBURG CENTRAL STATION COMMANDER LEADS BY EXAMPLE.
- Johannesburg step-father arrested for statutory rape
- Johannesburg Central law enforcement agencies weekend review
- Mozambican man appears in Johannesburg court for murder
- Zimbabwe-SA Cross Border Bus Staff Sexually Abusing Female Passengers
- Woman caught red-handed selling live ammunition on the streets in Bekkersdal, West Rand
- Zimbabwean man given life for raping a minor
- THE MUPASIRI JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY – FIGHTING WITHIN A RULE-BASED SYSTEM
- Sedibeng District Child Protection Week Programme underway